Friday, 9 December 2016

Advent 30 Day Retreat: Week Two Day 12


Read the Word of God with a prayerful heart.
By Susanne Timpani



…Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to what he was saying. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him and asked, 

“Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me.” 

But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part…' (Luke 10:39-42)



Are you worried that you are not prepared for Christmas? Are you worried that you are not worried? Over this year we have probably carried many worries - health, work, study, family, community, ministry, finances or faith.

We all carry elements of Mary and Martha. Advent reminds us to choose the 'better part', the way of Mary.

Reflect on this beautiful rendition of 'Be Still My Soul' on YouTube.