Sunday, 12 June 2016

10 Minute Daily Retreat: June - Gift of Wisdom 3

Read the Word of God with a prayerful heart.
By Malcolm Davies (No.210)



                             The one who gets wisdom loves life; Proverbs 19:8 |
  


Wisdom is the integration of spirit and flesh.

When I was younger I went and listened to a talk on prayer by a person who tried to convince us that the ‘best‘ way to pray was how he prayed and when he prayed.

I was completely flattened by listening to him as I could not pray the way he described. I used the experience to reflect on the way I could be energised to pray based on my spirituality and lifestyle.

In one part of my working life I was traveling around the country and spent times waiting in airports. My prayer time was lacking as I was up very early and home late.

I reflected that the best way for me to pray was to use these spare times to pray. I found that there were quiet places in airports where I could read the bible and pray.

One of the powerful experiences of prayer was facing the rising sun out of the windows at Adelaide airport and offering my life to God in a new way before I travelled. That is how I integrated my spirit and flesh in that part of my life.


Read the scripture slowly.
Reflect on its meaning for you. 
Listen for God's voice in the stillness. 
Pray for God's blessing upon you.

Malcolm Davies