Sunday, 1 May 2016

I have loved you

10 Minute Daily Retreat - Read the Word of God with a prayerful heart.
By Susanne Timpani (No.199)

Reading: John 15:23-24
I have loved you just as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love.
  



We are chosen for love. We are sent out into the world to love one another. Sometimes we live as if we were sent into the world to compete with one another, or to dispute with one another, or even to quarrel with one another.

But the Christian is to live in such a way that he shows what is meant by loving. It is here that Jesus makes another of his great claims.

If we ask Him, 'What right have you to demand that we love one another?' His answer is, 'No one can show greater love than to lay down his life for his friends--and I did that."

Many a person tells us to love each other, when their whole life is a demonstration that that is the last thing they do themselves. Jesus gave us a commandment which He had himself first fulfilled. 


Read the scripture slowly.
Reflect on its meaning for you.
Listen for God's voice in the stillness. 
Pray for God's blessing upon you.