Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Be Healed

10 Minute Daily Retreat (no. 13)
Today we hear from Paula Vince as she shares one of her favourite passages from scripture.

‘I consider Bible study and reflection vital for simply living from day to day without being smothered by the cares of the world. Although it’s a huge challenge to choose one passage as a favourite, Exodus 15:26 is a verse of great personal significance for me.

He said, “If you will listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his sight, obeying his commands and keeping all his decrees, then I will not make you suffer any of the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I am the Lord who heals you.”


 This might appear to be a random verse but I've explained why it means such a lot to me over on my own blog.

Photo from Paula Vince Blog 'It Just Occurred To Me.'

Some years ago, I passed through a shadow of deep depression when I was convinced that I must be dying of something really serious. In retrospect, I call it ‘hypochondria’ but it was absolutely terrible at the time. I’d look at the three sweet faces of my children and groan deep inside my heart, convinced that…' Read more on Paula's blog;



Paula Vince
5 minutes: READ the text slowly.
REFLECT on a phrase or word that struck you.
SPEAK to God about your thoughts.
5 minutes: LISTEN to God speak to you.
RESPOND with a prayer that feels right for you.